Crazy last couple of weeks with tons of filming and travel to Chicago and Auburn. Some interesting stuff:
- From Dentsu, the creative agency behind the incredible holographic typography, comes another 3-D stunner: Sculptures of paint reacting to sound.This is an amazing thing to watch. You can learn more about it here.
- Check out the latest music video from OK Go for the song "White Knuckles". As usual extremely creative, but I have to say it pales in comparison to their recent efforts. They just set the bar so stinkin' high.
- Production for the movie 'Blue Like Jazz' has been delayed and may be cancelled altogether due to a lack of funding. These two guys have taken it upon themselves to raise $125k to fill the gap and make the movie happen. Click HERE to find out more and lend your support.
- This blog post from Behance about using analog tools to help you be more productive is really fascinating.
- Barton Damer who created ALL of the hologram visuals at the STORY conference last week featured them on his blog. While this new technology looked good and was very cool, I didn't personally find it to be a 'wow'. It really only worked if you were looking at it dead on. Off to the sides it totally lost it's effect and to call it a hologram is a bit of a stretch. But I do think it's an important early step toward what will surely be a great technology at some point in the future.
- Saw Josh Garrels live at Story in Chicago last week and was blown away by his unique voice. Do yourself a favor and check him out on iTunes.
- In the midst of final casting for our upcoming short film 'One'. We're filming here in B'ham Nov. 4-7.
- The indomitable Scott Ross and I are working on a concept for what I think could be an amazing documentary film in 2011. Could change the way you look at your pastor forever.